I was asked to lead a prayer time this morning at Summit 9 with a focus on seeing expanded hearts for orphans in U.S. churches in 2013. Listed below are requests I’m encouraging everyone to as the Father to do in the U.S. church in 2013 for the sake of the orphan. Will you join me not only in praying but also in striving to be part of the answers to these requests? Please pray that:
1. 10 pastors in each state will preach a sermon for the first time that proclaims God’s heart for the orphan. Result: 500 more churches begin thinking about how they can care for orphans.
2. 10 pastors in each state will preach a sermon series that considers God’s work of adoption within the story of redemption and how it should inform our care for orphans. Result: 500 more churches begin thinking about orphan care more deeply than they ever have before.
3. 10 pastoral staff teams in each state will prayerfully work through Johnny Carr’s Orphan Justice to explore how they may better equip and mobilize their people to care for orphans. Result: 500 pastoral staff teams uniquely positioned to mobilize and unleash their people for the sake of the orphan in unprecedented numbers.
4. 10 churches in each state will lead their church’s children through God’s Heart for the Orphan . . . and Me! Result: The next generation catches a vision for God-centered orphan care.
5. 10 small groups in each state will prayerfully work through these chapter resources for Johnny Carr’s Orphan Justice. Result: 500 small groups mobilized to care for orphans that have not yet been cared for.
6. 10 churches in each state will launch a vital orphan care ministry. Result: 500 churches caring for orphans in substantial ways for the good of thousands upon thousands of children.
7. 10 churches in each state will contact their local Department of Social Services to ask about how they might serve their state’s foster children. Result: 500 churches testifying to the glory of the gospel in both word and deed.
8. 10 colleges will have someone preach in chapel on gospel-centered orphan care. Result: Hundreds of college students commit to caring for the orphan through the local church.
9. 10 seminaries will have someone preach in chapel on gospel-centered orphan care. Result: Hundreds of future pastors and missionaries gripped by the importance of caring for the orphan by the power of the gospel.
10. 100 Christians in each state will commit to living more intentionally each day within God’s Story of Adoption for the sake of orphans. Result: 5,000 Christians living more freely within the love for their Father for the sake of orphans all over the world.
Imagine the results if God should so graciously choose to do far more abundantly than we ask or think to expand hearts for orphans in U.S. in 2013 . . .
Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin